The perimeter protection by a so-called virtual fence using laser scanning technology begins at the boundary of an area, i.e. a fence or a wall, for example, and ends at the facade of a building. In order to protect all these areas, a sensor-internal software evaluates all created monitoring fields. When an object or a person enters a monitoring field, the alarm will immediately be triggered.
In order to also determine the exact position of a person on the premises, the measurement data of the laser scanners and sensors will be used. For the horizontal monitoring, the monitored area can be parameterised according to the customers’ needs so that an object will be detected only from a certain minimum distance.
These are the most important features for a reliable perimeter and building protection:
- Vertical fence protection through the creation of a vertical scan field
- Monitoring of open areas
- High detection speed and independent of weather
- Prevents people from entering and crawling underneath
- Immediate triggering of the alarm
- Cutting out of smaller objects such as animals.